September 2016

Once again, full of inspiration, we are off to a racing start for September (actually I'm a day early, but who's counting?) with hot and rainy weather, I dived into the shed and got the body prepped for priming in Glasurit two pack sanding primer. I have full air fed respiratory equipment and pretty hefty extraction, so I'm properly kitted out not to kill myself.

I started with the interior including under the dashboard and heater boxes, where I welded in some patches and sealed up to stop any water ingress and future corrosion...

Then after priming down the back of the rear parcel area I moved to the inside of the boot, painting inside the rear wings and up underneath the edges of the boot lid recess...

...cracking on like a kid half my age, I got under the front of the car and sprayed behind the rad mounting, inside the front valance and then primed right into all the recesses of the engine bay, by which time I felt like I'd had a pretty good workout...

...finally painting the outside of the shell with three full coats, leaving plenty of time to flash off between coats in preparation for a lot of sanding and fine filling in order to achieve a a really straight shell because the Forest Green colour will show every imperfection...here's the back end...

...and here's the front...the eagle eyed may be able to spot an area of corrosion at the front end of the bonnet recess, I've made a panel with the swages and welded that in behind and a small amount of filler will finish that off nicely, there was no way I was going to try and make a panel to flush fit, it would need a better panel man than me!